FARFETCH - STYLE THE MUSIC ICON

So a couple of weeks ago, right after I was done shooting this outfit post, I received an e-mail from Farfetch. It was a surreal moment for me because I haven’t had this blog for very long and the fact that they found it and reached out to me was incredible. They’re running a blogger competition to celebrate the Farfetch Apple Music partnership and collaboration with neo soul artist Maxwell. You can check out the film where Maxwell talks about how passionate he was growing up, being the odd one out and the struggles of growing up in Brooklyn. You can also read the editorial story where he shares his favourite superhero and where he would like to be locked in overnight. Farfetch are integrating Apple Music onto their website and mobile app, it features two playlists, Songs From The Shoot and Tune Tuesdays. 
Back to the competition, Farfetch wanted me to take inspiration from a music style icon most iconic look and recreate it by either using a fashion set using items from their website, or by recreating it using items from my own wardrobe. Given all that’s been going on this past week with Kim, Kanye and Taylor, I thought it was only fitting that I chose Kanye West. Also, love or hate Kanye, you can’t deny that he’s fashion forward. He’s always daring with his choices and somehow makes the unworkable, work. Hoodies and fur? Be honest, you would never think they would look good together before Kanye wore it. He’s often seen wearing long t-shirts, leather pants and hoodies. He also mixes it up with blazers, jumpers, bomber jackets, but to me it always stands out when he wears fur. The fur thing seems to run in the West family, even little North wears fur coats. Cute! So I took inspiration from these two outfits and tried to recreate something similar using items from Farfetch.com


No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig