BEST 2016 BEAUTY BITS

I thought that picking out my 2016 favourites was going to be really though, but it turned out to be surprisingly easy. When it comes to makeup I pretty much stick to the same products everyday. I used to be far more adventurous with my makeup looks but since I don’t go out as much anymore, I just stick to what suits my complexion.

Let’s kick things off with base. For me it will never get better than the YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation. I believe it’s going to be, or is, discontinued which breaks my heart into a million pieces, but it’s by far my favourite foundation in the world! It gives a medium coverage with the most incredible natural looking glow. On days where I didn’t fancy wearing foundation but still wanted something on my face I found myself reaching for the By Terry CC Serum in Sunny Flash, it’s a ‘I’ve just spent a couple of hours in the sun’ face in a bottle. 

Underneath my eyes I used the same product every day I wore makeup, the Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Emerge. It’s your eye bags best friend! For eyeshadow I went for the same two palettes almost every time, Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and my Z-Palette which contains three of my my most used crease shades from Makeup Geek: Cocoa Bear, Peach Smoothie and Creme Brûlée

Liquid eyeliner wasn’t something I wore too much of this year, but the Kevyn Aucoin Precision Liquid Liner and the Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick (not pictured) were my top two. They’re both on a higher price point, but they are super pigmented and lasted me over three months before drying out. That’s something I had never had with cheaper brands. Liquid eyeliner out of the way, my favourite eye pencil was the NYX Slide On Pencil in Golden Bronze. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a golden look. To finish off on the eyes, my favourite mascara of 2016 was the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof mascara. It’s a little biatch to remove, but it holds the curl so well and makes me look like I’m wearing falsies.
The ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe has seriously changed my eyebrow game, but on days where I fancied going all out and defining my brows a tad more, I used the Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro in Wenge Wood. It added that extra darkness at the tail of my brows. Choosing my favourite lipsticks was easy peasy, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie was, and still is, my favourite! I’ve been through almost the whole thing. You can read more about it here. On days where I fancied a bit more colour and longevity, the ABH Liquid Lipstick in Kathryn was a no brainer. The colour really suits my skin tone, makes my teeth look whiter and lasts through hours of eating and drinking. Last but not least in the beauty department, my favourite discovery this whole year was the Givenchy Les Saisons bronzer, it’s honestly incredible and I now recommend it to all my friends. I think Givenchy is such an underrated brand that needs to be spoken about a lot more!

As you can see there is no mention of a body favourite and that’s because nothing really rocked my boat, the same cannot be said about hair. I went a lot blonder this year so the L’oreal Professionnel Silver Shampoo was a life saver! It really does get rid of brassiness like no other purple shampoo. Highly recommend it for any blondes with orange bits in their hair. For styling, of course, the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. I’ve been through so many of these I’d hate to add up all the money I’ve spent on it haha, but it’s most definitely worth every penny. 

Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 perfume was something I did not expect to include in this yearly roundup, however I completely fell in love with it after bashing it in a blog post haha typical isn’t it? It’s just one of those perfumes that always gets people asking what it is you’re wearing. And for candle I have to give it to Diptyque Feu de Bois, it’s the closest I’ll get to a burning fire in this little flat of mine. 

What were your 2016 favourites? 

Follow me on Bloglovin’ 
Lots of love, SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig