THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING A FRINGE


The last time I had a fringe was back when I was 8 years old. I wouldn’t stop pestering my mum about it, so instead of taking me to a hairdresser she got out a pair of scissors and gave me a fringe. My mum isn’t a hairdresser, nor had she ever cut anyones hair before, so there wasn’t much technique involved. As you can imagine, eight year old me was far from impressed. I started crying, threw a tantrum and went around the house like a crazy person, looking for some clips so I could clip the fringe on the sides of my face. Ever since that day, I never thought about getting a fringe again, I was scarred for life haha. 

However, a couple of months ago I started becoming bored of my hair. You know when you just fancy a change? I needed one, big time! I made an appointment at my hairdresser and said that I wanted to go darker and that maybe I’d get a fringe too. I have to say, I was pretty nervous. I told her I wanted a thin, wispy fringe. Obviously it had been a minute since I had a fringe, so I didn’t want to go all out. She stood in front of me, and all I could see was hair falling on my lap, I had to tell her to let me see myself in the mirror before she continued haha, but I LOVED it immediately!!! It was such a big change! My boyfriend came to pick me up and he loved it straight away too. Sometimes a change in you hair can give you that extra confidence boost, and I definitely felt so much better after getting it done. 

Although I’m absolutely smitten with my hair, there were a few things I didn’t take into consideration or didn’t even think of before I got my hair chopped. So here are a few things I’ve learnt since having a fringe, and things you should be aware of if you’re thinking of getting one too.


YOU NEED TO WASH IT EVERY DAY
I’m a girl that washes her hair once or twice a week tops! Back in the day I couldn’t do this, but I’ve trained my hair well. So when I got a fringe I was baffled by the fact that I would have to wash it pretty much every day if I wanted it to look decent. It goes all over the place while you sleep, so when you wake up you either have to style it with a hot tool, or wash it. I usually have to do both.

YOU NEED TO GET IT TRIMMED EVERY MONTH
Obviously this will depend on how fast your hair grows and how short you cut your fringe to begin with. I like cutting mine pretty short because my hair grows super fast, so it avoids me going to the hairdresser so often. But yeah, regular trims are a thing, so you either learn how to cut your fringe yourself, or you’ll be paying someone to do it almost every month.

PREPARE TO LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT AT THE BEACH
I used ‘idiot’ for lack of a better word haha, but when you’re at the beach or by the pool and you want to get a tan, you will have to clip your fringe on top of your head. This used to look good on me when I had a long fringe, but at this short length, it looks pathetic LOL.

IF YOU HAVE WAVY HAIR, YOU’RE SCREWED
Yep, rain, beach or pool days will be your enemy if you have wavy hair, so you better get those beach selfies before going in for a dip! 

THE WIND IS YOUR ENEMY 
I will soon be sharing a post of all my picture fails while I was away in Kefalonia. The wind there was no joke in the evenings! If I didn’t have a fringe, most of the pictures would’ve come out pretty amazing, but with a fringe I just looked like Johnny Bravo or like a character in Dragon Ball. Not pretty!


Although these things all seem like cons, there are so many pros to having a fringe! You look younger which is reason enough to get one. You don’t need to worry about getting your eyebrows done, because no one can see them anyway. You can kind of hide behind the fringe when you get shy in certain situations, and it makes you look like a Victoria Secret model! Honestly, it gives you that model feeling :P

When was the last time you had a hair change?
Lots of love, SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig