3 LOOKS USING THE ABH SUBCULTURE PALETTE

Mondays don’t suck, your job does! I love this saying. How funny though that if work started on Tuesdays, Tuesdays would be the new Mondays. Wow Sandra, go back to sleep haha! :D Do you guys like Mondays? I feel like if I had a normal Monday to Friday job, I would hate Mondays too. I remember that horrible feeling I used to get on Sunday nights when I knew I had school the next morning. Horrible! Anyway, to brighten up your Monday, I’m sharing three looks that I created using the ABH Subculture palette. If you haven’t read my review on it yet, you can read it here. Like I mentioned on there, the darker colours are a little harder to work with, but I am extremely happy with all these looks and will most definitely recreate them again.


Right, so this first look is probably the most wearable out of the three, and definitely the one that takes the least amount of time to do. I started off with Dawn in the crease, you’ll realise that I start off with this shade in all three looks as I like to start with a lighter shade and build the colours up. To add a bit more colour, I used Edge in the crease too. Edge and New Wave are shades I reach for almost every time I do my makeup now, I love them! On the outer part of the eye I took the shade Roxy. This shade in my palette definitely isn’t as powdery as I’ve seen on YouTube. Thought that was worth mentioning haha. Then for the star of the show, I used Adorn all over the eyelid using my fingers. Like I mentioned in my review, the metallics and duo-chromes don’t work well on a brush or wet for me, so I use my fingers for those shades. Lastly, to add a little colour and more definition in the crease, I used All Star. I was a little scared that this shade was going to ruin the whole look as I had used it before and really struggled to blend it out, but this time it worked really well. For the lower lash line I used New Wave first, and Roxy to smoke it out a bit. Lastly, I added a touch of Cube on the inner corner of my eyes. I think it’s such a stunning shade.


This look is the most dramatic of them all, and it calls for false lashes, but just like I said in my Urban Decay Heat palette post, I wanted to stay away from using lashes so that you could see the full effect of the eyeshadows. Once again I started with Dawn in the crease, then I layered Edge and Roxy on top of each other. On the lid I started off using the shade Untamed and then went with Axis over the top to darker the lid further. Untamed and Axis I found were a little hard to work with, they always looked uneven after I blended out the edges. I popped a bit of Rowdy in the outer crease, but as you can see in the picture, it did go a little patchy and ended up wiping away some of the colours I had on underneath. On the lower lash line I kept it simple and just used New Wave, and as an inner corner highlight I used Electric.


This final look is one that requires a lot of layering. I went with Dawn in the crease, followed by Edge and New Wave. I also added a touch of Roxy in the crease too. I then started to work on the outer part of my eye lid with the shade Untamed. It was quite difficult to work with, and I did have to pack on colour a few times to get it to an intensity I was satisfied with. On the inner half of the lid I used Electric. I used this shade with my fingers to give me more colour payoff, and I used Cube as a inner corner highlight. To finish off the look I used New Wave and Edge mixed together on the lower lash line. 

I have to mention that I tried using this palette without having any product on my eyelids and I felt like it blended a lot easier. Maybe that’s the trick to get it to work? No primer? Who knows! Despite all the controversy surrounding this palette, it has been the one I reach for almost everyday. I use this palette way more than the UD Naked Heat. I did not see that coming haha :D 

What is your favourite look? 
Lots of love, SFS.

2 comments

  1. Ooo, loving these looks! Totally makes me want to go out and buy the palette despite the mixed reviews! The second look has to be my fave.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these colours look amazing on you!! The first look is so warm and complements your skin tone so well & I loved seeing how you styled the green eye shadow, definitely not a colour I'd think of applying to my eyes! Looks like a super versatile palette!

    Sheena || sheenakhu.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig