LIFE IN PRISON - BLOGMAS DAY 17


Hello, hello! I’ve just finished watching a film with Ricardo and I’m getting ready to go to bed, but before, I have this post to write. I’ve had such a good day. I woke up in a fabulous mood and actually felt rested! It’s been a while since that happened. Ricardo made us lunch before he went to work and I caught up on some reading. I really enjoyed reading today. You know when you finally start to get into a book and could spend the whole day with your face in it? That was me today. But I had plans to go to a friend of mine’s for a girly pizza night. It was so nice to be reunited with all my favourite people and have a much needed catchup. 

The girl whose house we went to now works in a prison, and it’s fascinating to hear about all the things that happen there. People trying to commit suicide, people cutting off their genitals when they’re high on drugs. It’s crazy! I didn’t know much about the prison world and never knew I’d be interested in it, but I found the whole conversation so interesting. It’s weird to think that for the people in jail or for the people who work there, that this is classed as an everyday thing. I think most of us would be traumatised for life if we saw these things happening before our very eyes, so big congrats to all the police and prison officers out there! I have so much respect for them.

Today I also made an appointment at the dentist, I really need a checkup. Although it’s probably a tad late as two of my teeth are already hurting. Not great! Haha. This time last year I had issues with my teeth too. Seems like 2016 all over again... not as painful (thank goodness) but still. Right, I’m gonna wrap this up because I can hear Ricardo huffing and puffing at the fact that I’m still typing haha. Night, night x 

Lots of love, SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig