GUCCI SLINGBACK LOAFERS


Remember I mentioned that I had bought a new pair of designer shoes? Well, here they are! The Gucci slingback loafers. I was lusting after these for over a year ever since Lizzy mentioned them on her Youtube channel - as you can probably tell I’m having a bit of a girl crush on her at the moment. But as she mentioned back then, they were impossible to get a hold of. However, a couple of weeks ago I was browsing My Theresa when these just showed up! I couldn’t believe me eyes. Needless to say I bought them on the spot. Usually I’ll try to talk myself out of buying expensive shoes, but I knew how hard these were to find, so there was no time for hesitation.


I picked these up in my usual designer shoe size which is a EU35, and they fit true to size. Initially I was pondering sending them back and getting the 35.5 instead as my heel kind of stuck out a bit, but I decided against it, thank goodness! The leather is super soft and does give in slightly, so my feet fits in them a lot better now and my heel doesn’t hang out anymore - not that it was ever that bad to begin with. They’re beyond comfortable! Like, I know I say this about most of my designer shoes, but these are next level comfort. They’re just so easy to walk in, the leather is extremely soft, they gave me no blisters what so ever, and if you can’t already tell, I’m in love with them! 


I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but I’ve never been a flat shoes kinda girl, so even though I had my eyes on the Gucci loafers for ages (all the styles really), I never really knew how they would fit with my style and if I would get a lot of use out of them. But having had these for three weeks now, I can safely say that I am getting my monies worth. They go with every single outfit and because of the specific slingback style, they really add something special to a look too. I know that they are absolutely hideous (in the best possible way) and look like something my grandma would wear, but I just love them. I know that they won't be to everybody’s taste, but that’s what makes them so unique. They’re a very masculine shoe, but the fact that they’re quite narrow adds that touch of femininity. 


If you too have been on the fence about whether or not you should get them, I say go for it! Although Gucci has been all over social media in the past two years, these are still not done. Loafers are just a timeless shoe, so even when the Gucci hype dies down, you’ll still be able to wear them without the ‘fear’ of looking outdated - not that anyone would feel outdated wearing something so expensive.

One thing Lizzy always recommends in her videos and I completely agree with, is to get a rubber sole put on them. I made the mistake of wearing them out without getting the rubber soles done and the leather sole wore down quite significantly, not to mention they are incredibly slippery. I paid £20 to get mine done at Timpson, which wasn’t cheap, but it’s worth it to protect the longevity of your shoes. When you’re already spending so much on a pair of shoes, it’s good to know that you will have them for as long as possible. 


Hopefully I’ll get my boyfriend to take some snaps of me wearing these very soon and I’ll share a post on how I style them. 

Hope you’re all having a fab week so far. 
Much love, SFS.

2 comments

  1. great purchase...gucci shoes are forever!!

    xx from Italy
    Cate // 35mminstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%!! They are by far my best designer purchase so far :) x

      Delete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig